Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Predictions

It is my favourite night of the year...the OSCARS!


Every year I would stay home from school or college and watch this blessed event, (it's during our mid morning here in Australia). Sadly today duty calls, and I can't really fake a head ache or period pain since I've had a few to many days off in recent weeks. So it's recording (the re-run isn't till 9:30 tonight) and I'm not looking at any news pages, turning any radios on, or speaking to anyone informed. I want to enjoy the anticipation!


So here are my predictions.

Best Picture

Definitely Slumdog Millionaire. I've seen 4 out of 6 of the films, and while they're great, Slumdog hits the spot! Incredibly cinematography, beautiful story, and heart wrenching truth. Critics rave it the feel good film of the decade, and being a massive feel good fan, I couldn't agree more.



Best Female Actor

Kate Winslet. She is phenomenal!!! I saw her in Revolutionary Road and OMG WOW! Best performance. I hope she kicks Angelina Jolie's ass!

Best Male Actor

I'm not biased cause he's hot, but Brad Pitt in The Curious Case of Benjamen Button is astounding. He proved himself as an actor and not just a god of hotness. If he doesn't get this award there is something wrong with the Academy.




Best Supporting Male.

No competition here. Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight . No one can disagree this performance re-wrote the text book villain of our acting colleges. Despite his tragic passing, he deserves this regardless. But what a privilege to honour such an incredible actor with an Oscar for his daughter!



Best Supporting Female

Anne Hathaway. Who would have thought this Princess Diaries star would be up for an Academy Award? Rachel Getting Married is not the happiest tale, but her performance is chilling!



Well lovelies by the time this is posted I'm sure awards have already been awarded!

Happy Oscar Day!

No comments: