Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 Has Happened



NYE went off with a BANG. This is my view from a party on the water of Sydney Harbour. I may or may not be location-dropping.


I made no resolutions this year.


I put no expectations on other people.


I simply decided three things.


1. I will have 3 TV commercials.


2. My script will be picked up by a producer and will be performed as a play and/or made into a film.


3. My full time job will revolve around social justice. I will be getting paid to care for people and justice full time.


For the last three years I naively and stupidly hoped for a husband. I spent NY surrounded by girls all seeking husbands and the fulfilling of relationships. They are all married.


And as repeatedly stated in this blog. I am Still. Single.


And loving it.

I had no New Years pashes, although there was an advance from a guy I dated for about a week a few months ago. He was drunk and being a sleaze. My conscience told me I was worth more than that.


I spent the last three days on the beach somewhere up the coast, tanning, watching dolphins swim and watching lots of chick-flicks.


I am in full holiday mode.


Well that was until my dreamy sleep last night was interrupted by disturbing dreams of going back to work. Tomorrow. Another year. Please God, let this year be good.


I feel like I achieved very little last year, and then I remember, I finished my degree, moved into a very promising job, got an agent, and have the best friends in the world. Life is good.



Hope you all had fabulous New Years and Chrissy's.
xo

No comments: